Alma, Mich. - The Alma College Cheer & STUNT team won a pair of games on Sunday (Feb. 17) against Maryville 21-1 and Michigan State 20-10 but lost to Davenport 16-15 for the second time this season. The Scots improve to 7-2 after the day.
How It Happened
- Alma scored in every round against Maryville and tied the Saints in jump & tumble routine one in the fourth quarter.
- The Scots traded wins in each round of the first quarter, winning routines four and five but falling in routines six and seven.
- Davenport scored in each round of the second quarter while Alma scored in the fourth round with routine one, putting the Scots behind 6-3.
- The two teams tied in the first three rounds of the third quarter and the Scots won the fourth round outright with routine six. That made the score 9-7, Davenport.
- Alma took the first round of the fourth quarter 3-2 in routine two, picking up a point in the jump & tumble routine, to pull to within one. Alma couldn't tie the game, however, as the two teams would tie in each of the final two rounds, splitting each decision in the second round and each earning two points in the third.
- Against Michigan State, Alma jumped out to a 4-1 lead after the first quarter and never looked back. The only round the Scots failed to pick up a point in was the first round of the jump & tumble, routine five.
Alma will travel to Tiffin, Ohio to compete in the Tiffin University STUNT Tournament. The Scots will play Hiram, Tiffin, Olivet, Purdue and Michigan.