Written by Mason Ippel, Sports Information Student Assistant
Winter Haven, Fla. - The Alma College baseball team was the visiting team against Capital University (OH) Wednesday (Feb. 26) in a neutral site game. The game was called short due to weather with Alma ahead 3-0. Trevor Wregglesworth (Onaway, Mich / Onaway) got his first win of the year by giving up no runs through five innings.
- Wregglesworth forced the Crusaders into a 1-2-3 inning.
- Alex Dwan (Saginaw, Mich. / Nouvel Catholic Central) and Carter Sanderson (Ilderton, Ont. / Central Secondary School) both hit RBIs to give Alma the lead.
- Logan Huff (Johannesburg, Mich. / Johannesburg-Lewiston) made a nice diving stop to get the leadoff batter out at first.
- As the rain started to come down hard, Zach Schirmer (Bay City, Mich. / Bay City Western) hit a bomb over the left field wall. The game went into a four-minute rain delay right after.
- Capital threatened with runners on second and third after two walks and a passed ball but Wregglesworth kept the shutout and no-hitter alive.
- The Crusaders get runners on the corners but can't capitalize.
- On a ball up the middle and runner on second, Sanderson made an incredible diving stop, almost getting the batter at first, but kept the runner from scoring.
- Alma got a couple of hits but couldn't extend its lead.
- Ty Sobczak (Petoskey, Mich. / Petoskey) came in to relieve Wregglesworth. Wregglesworth threw five innings giving up no runs.
- The game was called due to weather.
The Alma College baseball team will be in action again tomorrow (Feb 27.) against Hanover College (IN). Game is set to start at 2:00 p.m.