Daytona Beach - The Alma College dance team won the National Dance Alliance (NDA) Division III Team Performance Championship on Friday (April 5).
This is the first time the Scots took part in the Division III Team Performance section. They scored 89.38 points with no deductions, defeating Montclair State University by 0.46 points and New York University by 1.78 points.
Alma also competed in the Division III Jazz Performance and placed sixth. The Scots took part in that event last season but was not a finalist.
The dance team has been in existence for three years; it began performing on the sidelines during basketball games before expanding its roster last year and taking part in competitions.
Division III Team Performance
- Alma College – 89.38
- Montclair State University – 88.92
- New York University – 87.60
- Ramapo College of New Jersey – 86.90
- Christopher Newport University – 84.20
- Catholic University of America – 82.96
- Illinois College – 81.96
Division III Jazz Performance
- McLennan Community College – 93.97
- Mount San Antonio College – 93.31
- Riverside City College – 90.60
- Suffolk County Community College – 88.08
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – 86.88
- Alma College – 86.40
- University of Wisconsin Oshkosh – 86.08