Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Battle Creek, Mich.- The Alma College men's golf team finished off the Lou Collins Invitational in Battle Creek, Mich. Saturday (Sept. 2), landing in 16th place with a total score of 684.
Leading today for the Scots was freshman Tait Morrissey (Canadian Lakes, Mich./Big Rapids), who improved upon his round one score to end the day tied for 67th place with a final score of 165 (+21).
- After a 339-stroke finish for the team on Friday, they ended round two with a total score of 345 to wrap up the day Saturday.
- Junior Kyle Bodkins (Ada, Mich./Forest Hills Central) moved from a tie for 83rd place to finish the invite in a 77th-place tie with his score of 168 (+24).
They Said It
- "Tait (Morrissey) had a great performance today. We were hoping for a better outcome, but couldn't quite get into a rhythm today." - Head coach Charlie Goffnett
- The Scots's round two performances had them only 15 strokes behind their next closest opponent, 15th place Cornerstone University.
- Junior Bennett Schmitt (Frankfort, Mich./Frankfort) ended the day in 87th place with a total score of 172 (+28), and freshman Reese Middleton (Perry, Mich./Perry) was tied for 98th place at 179 strokes (+35).
The Scots return to action on Tuesday, Sept. 19, when they travel to Adrian, Mich. for the first round of the MIAA Jamboree. Tee-off is at 1:00 p.m. at the Lenawee Country Club.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436