Albion, Mich. – The Alma College men's lacrosse team loss, 14-10, to the Albion College Britons on Saturday afternoon. Freshman attacker Timothy Gearig (Vicksburg, Mich. / Vicksburg) notched his second-straight four goal game for the Scots.
Alma drops to 6-9 overall and 2-2 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. Albion improves to 5-7 overall and a perfect 3-0 in conference.
How It Happened
- Junior attacker Chase Hunaydi (Pepper Pike, Ohio / University School) lit up the scoreboard for the Scots just over two minutes into the game with an unassisted goal.
- The next Alma score would not come until the second quarter with the Scots down 6-1. The Scots would score all four of the goals in the period with goals from Hunyadi and Gearing as well as juniors Connor Alley (Powell, Ohio / Worthington Kilbourne) and Tom Needham (Saline, Mich. / Saline). Gearig's first goal of the game would cut the lead back to one before halftime.
- After a Briton goal, sophomore defender Sam Luzar (Midland, Mich. / Midland) responded with his first collegiate goal in the third quarter. Then the Scots tie the game at 7-7 with a goal from senior defender Max Linscott (Columbus, Ohio / New Albany). It was the first time Linscott hit the back of net is his 62ndcareer game in an Alma uniform.
- Back down 8-7, Alley and Gearig scored back-to-back goals to give the Scots their first lead since early in the first. The Britons would respond with back-to-back scores of their own to take back the lead. Gearig netted his fifth hat trick of his rookie campaign to tie the game at 10 heading into the fourth.
- The Scots would be outscored 4-0 in the final quarter to drop the road contest.
- Senior goalie Cameron Stelljes (Okemos, Mich. / Okemos) made 17 saves in net.
- Alley pushed his goal total up to an MIAA-leading 40 on the season. The junior is the fourth Scot in program history to score 40 in a year.
- The Scots won the turnover battle, 21-15, while also outshooting Albion, 51-44.
Alma prepares for their final road game of the regular season at Calvin College on Friday, April 19. Faceoff will be at 7 p.m.