Aurora, Ill. - The Alma College men's soccer team fell in 1-0 decision on Sunday (Sept. 10) afternoon at Aurora University. It was the second of two games the Scots played at Aurora, the first being a 1-0 loss to Benedictine on Friday.
Alma falls to 0-3-1 as it concludes non-conference play while Aurora improves to 3-1. The combined record of the teams Alma has faced is 12-6-1.
- Aurora's first goal came in the 17th minute. Noe Padilla took a pass from Justin Rutherford who shot from 15 yards to the back post.
- The Spartans extended their lead in the 84th minute when Collin Foreman brought the ball to the end line and passed it back to Xavier Ortiz who shot and scored to Garrison Mast's (Grand Haven, Mich. / Grand Haven) right.
- Aurora added one final goal in the 87th minute when Jeremy Perales ripped a shot to the top left corner of the goal.
- Mast made a career-high eight saves in the game.
- Sam Falardeau (Mason, Mich. / Mason) took three shots, tying his career-high set earlier this season against Millikin. All of them were on goal.
- Alma took 10 shots, six of them on net.
Alma begins conference play with a Wednesday (Sept. 13) afternoon matchup with Albion. Game time is set for 4:00 p.m. Both of Alma's game against the Britons last year were shutouts: The Scots fell on the road 2-0 and won 3-0 at Scotland yard.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436