Alma, Mich.- The Alma College men's soccer team fell to Transylvania University on Saturday, September 15 by a 3-1 margin. Alma moves to 2-3 after the loss, while Transylvania picked up their first win and moves to 1-2-2.
Junior Torsten Holland (Okemos, Mich./ Haslett) scored his first career goal on a penalty kick in the second half, while junior goalkeeper Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich./Grand Haven) recorded nine saves in-game.
How It Happened
- Transylvania scored within the first ten minutes when Charlie Went went in for his second goal of the season off an assist from Alex Shkraba.
- The Pioneers scored again in the 28th minute off a shot 15 yards out to the near side of the goal by Caswell Fuller.
- The final goal for Transylvania came from Thomas Shellenberg assisted by Caswell Fuller.
- Holland and junior Lucas Foust (Brooklyn, Mich./ Jackson Lumen Christi) had shots on goal, one a save and one Holland's penalty shot goal in the 86th minute following a foul on Transylvania.
- Junior Noah Canlas (Naperville, Ill./ Naperville Central) and freshman Hunter Nash (Haslett, Mich./ Haslett) took three shots each, though none were on goal.
- Lucas Foust received a yellow card at 85:03.
The Scots will be on the road next week, taking on the Aquinas College Bulldogs on Tuesday (Sept. 18) at 7 p.m.