Kalamazoo, Mich. – The Alma College men's soccer team lost 6-0 to Kalamazoo College Saturday (Oct. 13.) Junior goalkeeper Garrison Mast (Grand Haven, Mich. / Grand Haven) had four saves for the Scots. Alma drops to 5-7 overall and 2-2 in the MIAA while Kalamazoo moves to 4-9 and 1-3 in conference.
- The Hornets scored a trio of goals in each half. The first coming at 7:31 off the foot of Nick Brandstadt. He would go on to score one more in the first half and another in the second half to pick up a hat-trick.
- Ben Meschke would also have a multi-goal game, scoring two in the second half
- Meschke had an opportunity to also have a hat-trick but his header would be stopped by Mast.
- Alma ended up with 14 shots. Junior midfielder Tanner Parrett (Muskegon, Mich. / Mona Shores) had two shots on goal. He also had a free kick opportunity just outside of the Kalamazoo box but the shot went up over the net.
- The Scots were awarded seven corner kicks compared to Kalamazoo's six.
- Alma had less fouls than the Hornets by a tally of seven to eleven.
- Two Kalamazoo players in Gold Afolabi and Trevor Towghi were called for yellow cards.
The Scots continue their road swing as they head down to Holland to face Hope College Wednesday. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m.