Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Alma, Mich.- The Alma College men's and women's swimming and diving team hosted Calvin College for a conference dual meet on Saturday, November 17. The Scots took second place against the Knights, 135-293.
The final score for the men's team was 60-136, the women 75-157.
How It Happened
- Senior Eric Ferrara (Livonia, Mich. / Stevenson) took first place in the men's 1000 yard freestyle, swimming the race in 10:15.05 and nearly beating the current school record time for that event. Ferrara also participated in men's diving for the first time, scoring 54.67 in the one-meter dives.
- Senior Kate Lehman (Haslett, Mich. / Haslett) won the women's 100-yard butterfly event, finishing with a time of 1:04.09. In addition, Lehman swam in the women's 200 medley, taking fourth place (2:23.96).
- Freshman Sarah Gaines (Colorado Springs, Colo. / Liberty) took third place in a pair of events, finishing the women's 100 freestyle in 58.46 and the 200 individual medley in 2:23.39.
- Sophomore Max Carey (Highland, Mich. / International Academy West) finished in third place in the men's 100-yard butterfly race, touching the wall at 56.96.
- In women's one-meter diving, Stephanie Davis (Elmira, Mich. / Gaylord) took third place for the Scots with her score of 169.95 over six dives.
The Scots will travel to Kenosha, Wisconsin on November 29 for the A3 Carthage Classic, hosted by Carthage College. The three-day dual meet begins Thursday (Nov. 29) at 6 p.m. and concludes Saturday (Dec. 1) at 5 p.m.