Allendale, Mich. - The Alma College track and field team had eight of its members participate in the GVSU Tune-Up meet on Friday, February 15 at Grand Valley State University. The Scots competed alongside a variety of Division II and III schools including Calvin and Hope Colleges, Davenport University, and Ferris State University. No team scores were kept for the meet.
- Senior Erin Goggins (Hastings, Mich. / Hastings) had a 3.41-meter pole vault jump at the meet, beating the indoor school record by a centimeter and nearly besting her Alma College all-time record of a 3.42-meter jump earned last spring.
- Sophomore Nolan Rowland (Battle Creek, Mich. / Richland Gull-Lake) took eighth place in the men's pole vault with a 3.88-meter leap.
- Grace Hearth (Freeland, Mich. / Valley Lutheran) participated in both the high jump and the triple jump, her 9.39-meter triple jump earning her a spot in ninth place.
- Jacob Wildenhaus (Jackson, Mich. / Lumen Christi) and Zane Stanton finished the men's 60-meter hurdles race in sixth and seventh place with times of 9.04 and 9.16 seconds, respectively.
- Payton Hirschenberger (Freeland, Mich. / Saginaw Nouvel) made his collegiate debut in the 800-meter run, placing 27th with a time of 2:06.49. It was the first time he competed in the event since middle school.
The Scots will compete at MIAA Indoor Field Day next weekend (Feb. 23), hosted by Calvin College in Grand Rapids. The meet is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m.