Written by Emily Jodway, Sports Information Student Assistant
Grand Rapids, Mich.- The Alma College track and field team wrapped up the indoor portion of the season at the MIAA Indoor Championships on Saturday (February 23) hosted by Calvin College. Both the men and women finished in seventh place in their events.
- Senior Erin Goggins (Hastings, Mich. / Hastings) took second place in the pole vault, clearing the bar at 3.25 meters. In the men's event, Nolan Rowland finished in sixth with a 3.85-meter leap.
- Bailey Hoffman's 13.05-meter weight throw earned her a seventh-place finish, nearly beating her personal best 13.37-meter throw set at the Defiance Invitational.
- Grace Hearth finished among the top ten in both the 200-meter dash and high jump events.
- Sophomore Jacob Wildenhaus (Jackson, Mich. / Lumen-Christi) tied his personal-best in the 60-meter hurdles event, taking sixth place with a time of 8.71 seconds.
- Senior Jared Fleming finished eighth in the 400-meter dash, crossing the finish line at 52.86 seconds, 0.63 seconds off his personal record.
The Scots will begin the outdoor track season at the Indiana Wesleyan Polar Bear Invitational on Saturday, March 23 in Marion, Indiana.