Albion, Mich. - The Alma College track and field team participated in the Albion College Tri-Meet on April 12, competing alongside fellow Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association teams Albion College and Olivet College.
Both the men and women took second place ahead of Olivet on the day, the women with 90 points total and the men with 87. The Scots had five first-place finishes at the end of the meet.
- Senior Erin Goggins (Hastings, Mich. / Hastings) set a new Alma College all-time record in the women's pole vault event, earning a height of 3.50 meters to replace her previous best of 3.42 meters.
- Sophomore Timothy Minier (Battle Creek, Mich. / St. Philip Catholic Central) took first place in the men's 200-meter dash, crossing the finish line with a time of 23.11 seconds. Minier also earned took second in the 100-meter dash, finishing the race in 11.30 seconds.
- Junior Payton Hirschenberger (Freeland, Mich. / Saginaw Nouvel) finished the men's 800-meter run in 2:06.38, good for first place.
- Junior Aubrey Hemstreet (Portage, Mich. / Portage Central) won the women's 3000-meter run with a time of 11:24.78, and took second in the 1500-meter at 5:23.63.
- Freshman Bailey Hoffman (Olivet, Mich. / Olivet) threw for 41.82 meters in the hammer throw event, claiming second place.
- Sophomore Stephanie Davis (Elmira, Mich. / Gaylord) finished the women's 100-meter hurdle event in 17.18 seconds, good for a second place finish. Davis also took second in the high jump, reaching a height of 1.4 meters.
The Scots head to Hillsdale for the Hillsdale Gina Relays on Thursday, April 25. The meet is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.