Written by Emily Weiss, Sports Information Student Assistant
Canton, Mich. - The Alma College bowling team finished first in the first American Heartland Conference Tournament on Saturday (Oct. 26). Senior Emma Davis (Horton Mich. / Hanover Horton) led all bowlers and was followed by sophomore Kemmie Shunk.
How It Happened
- The Scots bowled over 1000 in one game and over 900 in three leading to a total of 6819 and an average of 921.49.
- Three Scots placed in the top 50 bowlers: Davis, Shunk, and Josee Hale (Defiance, Ohio / Defiance Senior High).
- Davis led all bowlers with an average of 214.60 points per game and 1073 points total. Davis scored over 200 points in four out of five games.
- Shunk had a total of 966 points and averaged 193.20 points per game. Shunk struggled at first but came back to score 212 in the third game and 206 in the fifth.
- Hale also finished in the top 50, posting a 204 in the first game. She averaged 171.20 points and had a total of 856 points.
- In the Baker games, the Scots had scores of 702, 746, and 655.
The Scots will be competing again on Sunday (Oct. 26) in the second American Heartland Conference tournament to complete the weekend.