Written by Emily Weiss: Sports Information Student Assistant
Pittsburgh, Pa. – The Alma College women's bowling team took second at the American Heartland IV on Sunday (Jan. 26). Six Scots made the top 50, three of which were in the top 10.
How it Happened
- Alma finished second behind Duquesne, beating out Wright State by 270 points.
- The Scots were led by sophomore Kemmie Shunk in second place with an average of 201.5 points per game and game total of 806 points.
- Shunk was closely followed by senior Emma Davis (Horton, Mich / Hanover Horton) in third place. Davis averaged 194.25 points per game.
- The last Scot in the top 10 was senior Josee Hale (Defiance, Ohio / Defiance Senior High) in 10th. Hale finished with an average of 185.25 points per game.
- Alma had three others place in the top 50: senior Emma Zalenko (White Lake, Mich. / North Farmington) in 13th, sophomore Sarah Johnston (Grass Lake, Mich. / Grass Lake) in 34th, and junior Kasidey Easlick (Gladwin, Mich. / Gladwin) in 43rd.
Alma College Women's bowling will be back at the Scotty Open at JAX 60 in Jackson, Mich. on Saturday (Feb. 8).