Irving, Tx. - The Alma College women's lacrosse team fell to Otterbein University 19-5 in its closing Spring Break trip game on Sunday (March 4) afternoon. The Scots end their trip to Texas with a 1-2 record; Otterbein is now 1-3.
Shelby Frazer (Holt, Mich. / Holt) led Alma with three goals on four shots. Brianna Soriano (San Diego, Calif. / Serra) scored Alma's other two goals, as well as picking up a game-high seven ground balls.
How It Happened
- Down 5-0, Soriano scored her first goal at 24:17 of the first half on a free position shot.
- Frazer picked up two straight goals at 9:31 and 8:17, the first being a free position goal. Sam DeBoer (Rockford, Mich. / Rockford) won the subsequent draw control and Frazer scored her ninth goal of the season.
- Soriano tallied her second goal of the game at 25:30 of the second half.
- Frazer followed that up with a goal at 18:06.
- Through three games, Brianna Soriano leads the MIAA in goals with 13. Shelby Frazer is second with ten.
- Soriano also leads the conference in ground balls (16), caused turnovers (ten) and free position goals (five).
- Frazer has the highest shot percentage of any player in the MIAA who has taken over five shots (83.3). She also has the highest free position goal percentage of any player who has taken at least three free position shots.
- Olivia Benoit (Grosse Pointe, Mich. / Grosse Pointe North) had a team-high four draw controls.
- Sam DeBoer is tied for second in the MIAA in draw controls with 12.
Alma does not play again until Friday, March 16, when it travels to Cleary University. The game is scheduled to start at 2:30 p.m. Alma's next five games, including that one, are on the road. It does not play a home game until Tuesday, April 3.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director