Alma, Mich. - The Alma College women's lacrosse team fell to Saint Mary's (Ind.) 22-3 on Friday (March 30) evening. The Scots (4-3, 1-1 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association) got goals from Shelby Frazer (Holt, Mich. / Holt), Brianna Soriano (San Diego, Calif. / Serra) and Olivia Benoit (Grosse Pointe, Mich. / Grosse Pointe North).
Allie Ray (Port Jefferson Station, N.Y. / Comsewogue) stopped 17 shots from the Belles (6-3, 1-0 MIAA), the second-highest total this season.
How It Happened
- Down 1-0, Benoit scored her 12th goal of the season to knot the score at one.
- The Belles scored six more goals before Soriano got on the board at the 4:10 mark.
- Frazer scored less than five minutes into the second half for Alma's final goal.
- Alma boasts three of the top five goal scorers in the MIAA in Soriano and Frazer. Soriano is third with 29 and Frazer is tied for fifth with 23.
- Frazer is one goal away from tying her season high, set last year.
- Through seven games, Olivia Benoit has equaled her point total (15) from last season.
- Allie Ray is first in the conference in saves with 107 and second in save percentage at 55.2 percent.
Alma hosts Calvin on Tuesday, April 3 at 7:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director