Ada, Ohio – The Alma College wrestling team placed fifth at the Ohio Northern Invitational. Five Scots placed in their respective weight classes. Trent Lashuay (Saint Johns, Mich. / Saint Johns) won the 133 weight class while Austin Wieczorek (Kentwood, Mich. / East Kentwood) and Jacob Ransom (Traverse City, Mich. / Traverse City West) finished third in the 125 and heavyweight, respectively.
- Wieczorek received a first-round bye before winning his next two matches by pinfall in 1:26 and decision 10-3, respectively. He lost to the eventual winner in the semifinal match by decision 5-1 before dominating in the third-place match with a win by technical fall 17-2.
- In a thrilling victory in his first match, Lashuay defeated his opponent in a sudden victory. He completely dominated the rest of the competition on his way to first place. In the quarterfinal and semifinal matches, he won by technical fall 16-0 and 22-6. The championship match was decided by a major decision 23-15.
- Carter Hankins (Hartland, Mich. / Hartland) finished fourth in the 141 weight class. He started the day off strong with a pin in 52 seconds in his first match. After losing in the quarterfinal match, he battled his way back to make the third-place match-winning twice by pinfall and once by decision.
- Jayce Kuehlein (St. Louis, Mich. / St. Louis) fell in his first match of the day but was able to win four matches in a row and battle his way to a sixth-place finish in the 165 weight class. During his win streak, he won by pinfall, technical fall, and decision twice. In the fifth wrestleback, he defeated the wrestler he lost to in the first round.
- After receiving a first-round bye, Ransom defeated his first two opponents by pinfall in 3:23 and 4:00, respectively. He would lose to the eventual winner in the semifinal match but won the third-place match by decision 5-0.
- Lashuay was first at the invitational in most points in a match and most total match points with 23 and 73, respectively.
- Wieczorek was fourth in most technical falls in the least amount of time with two in 9:29. Lashuay was eighth with two in 12:11.
- Hankins was seventh at the invite in most pins in the least amount of time with three in 5:00.
The Alma College wrestling team will travel to Mount St. Joseph on Thursday (Dec. 19) for the Mount St. Joseph Tri-Meet.