Written by Mason Ippel, Sports Information Student Assistant
Wheaton, Ill. - Five Scots competed this weekend at the Pete Willson Wheaton Invite. Trent Lashuay (Saint Johns, Mich. / Saint Johns) entered the tournament unseeded and placed fourth out of 28 wrestlers in the 133 weight class.
- Lashuay started the weekend off with a win by pinfall against the wrestler from John Carroll University in 0:39. He would continue his dominance against Cornell College with another pin in 4:55. After a loss by decision to the eventual runner-up from the University of Mount Union, he bounced back with a win by decision against Otterbein University. Lashuay wasn't done as he would go on to win his next two matches by pinfall in 5:35 and 0:32, respectively. The second pin was against the 12th ranked wrestler in the nation.
- All-MIAA wrestler Lucas Brewer (Belleville, Mich. / Huron) had a solid weekend. He went 3-2 in the 174 weight class with two wins by decision and one by medical forfeit.
- Lashuay joins just eight other Scots to ever place at the Wheaton Invite.
- Lashuay was fifth at the invite in most pins in the least time with four pins in 11:41.
- Lashuay had the fourth and ninth fastest fall of the invite.
- Lashuay finished 17th in most team points with 20.5.
- Lashuay's only two losses came to top 11 wrestlers nationally.
The Alma College wrestling team will host Manchester University on Friday (Feb. 7) for a dual.