Notre Dame, Ind. - The Alma College women's soccer team fell 3-1 to Saint Mary's on Sunday (Oct. 7) afternoon. The game was originally scheduled for Saturday but was postponed due to rain.
Alma is now 2-9-1 overall and 0-3-1 in the MIAA. Saint Mary's, the highest scoring team in the conference, is 6-7 and 1-2.
- Sophie Bubnar scored in the 16th minute and Rose Stackhouse followed in the 21st. Stackhouse and Bubnar are the two leading goal-scorers in the conference.
- Pfile cut the lead in half six minutes later. Lauren Sollestre (Farmington Hills, Mich. / Marian) slid a centering pass to Pfile who shot past Delaney Rohlman.
- The Scots were credited with an own goal in the 81st minute.
- Lauren Sollestre's assist was her first of the year.
- Ally Wentworth is fourth in the conference in saves with 62.
- Makenzie Rajewski ( Midland, Mich. / Midland ) registered a team-high six shots in the game. Lexi Moyer (Suttons Bay, Mich. / Traverse City West) and Sollestre had three, each.
- Alma took 22 shots to the Belles' 11.
- Ashley Oldham (Gilbert, Ariz. / Chandler Basha) was given a yellow card in the waning seconds of the match.
The Scots travel to Olivet on Wednesday (Oct. 10) for a 4:00 p.m. game. The Comets are 2-2 in conference play.