Alma, Mich. - The Alma College volleyball team fell in straight sets to No. 1 Calvin College on Wednesday (Sept. 13) evening. Alma is now 3-4 overall and 1-2 in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association while the Knights are 8-0 and 4-0 in the MIAA.
- Calvin took the first set 25-8.
- Alma started the second set down 5-1 and battled back to eventually tie the game at 11. There were seven ties in the set. Calvin had a 21-17 lead but went on a 4-1 run to get to within one at 22-21. Two straight Alma points tied the game at 24 before the Knights ended the set with two straight points of their own.
- Calvin began the third and final set on an 8-3 run before taking it 25-16. Down 12-7, Alma scored three straight points but could not close the gap to closer than two.
- Georgia Miller (Georgetown, Ky. / Scott Country) and Katie Bush (Lowell, Mich. / Lowell) led the team with five kills, each. Bush had the team's highest hitting percentage at .333.
- Dakota Pelach (Gaylord, Mich. / Gaylord) tallied 10 assists in the match.
- Brooke Mason (Marshall, Mich. / Marshall) notched 10 digs, the second most by any player in the game.
Alma travels to Kenosha, Wisconsin to compete in the Kenosha University Tournament this weekend. The Scots will first play Concordia University on Friday, Sept. 15, at 7:00 p.m.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436